Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cowboys and a puppy

Over the summer I went a little crazy and bought a few more cookbooks, or should I say baking books. I know, I don't really need more (considering I already have several books that I haven't even used yet), but I enjoy reading cookbooks like avid readers breeze through novels, and a few more baked goods as a result doesn't hurt, right?

One of my new favorites, Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented, has some awesome pictures, and was written by two advertisers turned bakers from Brooklyn, NY.


I started with something easy, Cowboy cookies, which (in their "reinvented" version) replaced nuts with pretzel pieces and included a dash of espresso....yumm! (the lighting was bad...)


On another note, my sister got a puppy last week! She's awfully cute, chubby, and moves like a clumsy fat kid :)

Meet Maisie!


Similar to Penny and Callie, Maisie is also a goldendoodle. She's predicted to be somewhere around 35-40lbs full grown, but considering her hefty size, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up a little larger.

Oh, and I've been obsessed with peaches lately...yes, one of my favorite fruits....I eat them or put them on everything! This is my current fix of the moment... (again, bad lighting)

Mixed greens, grilled chicken, sliced peaches, feta cheese, and a vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment