Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Post Mother's Day

I went home for Mother's Day weekend. The weather was nice (although a bit windy at times), and my sister came back too....which doesn't happen all that often. The family went to see the spring musical at Laxon, which was actually kind of a disappointment; some people left at intermission.

I made some almond macarons...

I had to weigh out all of the ingredients with a digital scale.


 The macarons resting before going in the oven.


Filling and stacking.



The finished product!

We took a trip to San Diego earlier this year and ended up at a nice breakfast place called The Mission, that makes yummy juevos rancheros....my mom was able to replicate it pretty well.

 Tortillas, eggs, ham, green salsa, black beans, and an egg!

My sister and I always have trouble trying to figure out what to get our mom for Mother's day. A while back my mom and I came across a cute pin cushion; we bought the pattern and I turned it into a Mother's day gift! This was my first 3-dimensional sewing adventure; don't look too closely, or you'll see all of it's imperfections.



My mom ended up cutting me some roses from the yard to take home...my place smells yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment